Saturday, January 31, 2015

Display Crashed : Kali Linux

I recently came across an issue with the Kali Linux, it was not booting into the GUI.

You might try the below steps to fix the issue, it worked for me.

My System :
  1. Host Machine : MacBook Air
  2. Host OS  : OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)
  3. Guest OS : Kali GNU/Linux
  4. VM Software : Virtual Box 4.3
Observations :
  • Tried using startx, didn't work for me
  • Tried gdm3, didn't work
Fix :
  • apt-get update
  • apt-get upgrade -y
  • apt-get install -f gdm3
  • now type gdm3, you should get your display back
Let me know your views and comments, if you have any other fixes.

1 comment:

  1. sometimes ,my display gona wrong/crash like "blink" ,please tell me how to fix this problem.

    ReplyDelete

The Azure Synapse Resource Provider Error

  If you are get the error " The Azure Synapse resource provider (Microsoft.Synapse) needs to be registered with the selected subscript...